Weapon Control and Equipment Procedure
Location and Schedule:
Weapon Control will be in the competition Venue.
To proceed to the weapon control it is mandatory to have the accreditation card.
The fencers must submit their weapons and equipment to the main weapon control room at the competition venue in accordance with the following schedule:
Daily from 31 March till 11 April 2021.
Working Hours: 07:30- 19:00
The materials collected after 17.30 will be delivered on early morning of the following day.
Requirements regarding the equipment:
- All the equipment must be in good condition and working order complying with FIE regulations and will be checked under control of the FIE SEMI commission and all the fencers of the same team have to be the same.
- The list of accepted items is mentioned in the table below.
- It is mandatory to put the logos of the countries on both legs of the breeches.
- The name of the athlete and the name of the country must be printed in dark blue on the back; the size of the letters should be between 8 and 10 cm high.
- All the prints must be readable.
- All the advertising and manufacturer logos must be in conformity with the FIE Publicity Code requirements and will be checked.
- After collecting the equipment, it is necessary for the athletes to check the presence of the control markings.
For additional information, please, see m.25 of the FIE Material Rules.
If the quantity of equipment does not correspond to an above-mentioned table for teams, the terminal will not give the required coupon for control of weapon.
The conductive jacket must be so made that when it is laid flat there is a straight line between the point of junction of the lines of the groin and the two points corresponding to the tops of the hip bones (ilium).
The Control of electric jackets will be carried out in two steps: Firstly, in the Weapon Control room checking the respective electrical parameters and geometric dimensions for the second time, the electric jackets will be checked in the Call Room in the presence of a representative of the Refereeing Commission, while the athlete is wearing the jacket.
The purpose is to check whether the electric jacket is fits for the athlete’s body.
Breast / chest protectors:
The use of a breast/chest protector (made of metal or some rigid material – see M.25.4) is compulsory for women and optional for men.
At foil, this breast/chest protector with a special soft layer must be worn below the protective plastron.
The soft layer has to be approved by SEMI FIE and have the FIE logo.
All the participants to this Juniors and Cadets Championships have to fully comply with the new rule concerning the new fastening system of the mask (see M.25.7).
Masks may feature colored designs, on condition that they are approved by the FIE.
Covid-19 Precautionary rules:
- To separate teams during the weapon control and minimize the number of fencers in the area, specific timing will be given to each team.
- Complete fencing equipment (jackets, pants, plastron, stockings) and gloves must be presented clean.
- Material brought for the control must be placed in the crates provided by the Host Organizers which will be sanitized before each reuse.
- Cables, masks, weapons, electric jackets, rigid protectors, and weapon bags must be disinfected with disinfectant spray.
- Fencing masks must be disinfected at least daily.
- Fencers must use PERSONAL mask. Mask sharing is NOT allowed.
- Fencing gloves are one of the elements most likely to carry the virus and they must be often disinfected, at least once a day.
- Fencers must wear PERSONAL glove. Glove sharing is NOT allowed.
- Weapons are made of steel, material on which the virus remains active for a very long time.
- Disinfection of the weapons must be compulsory.
- Fencers should read the instructions on the label of any cleaning/disinfecting product before applying it to the mask.
- Fencer’s outfits cannot be washed at 60°C, so it is recommended to wash them using the disinfectant for linen (e.g., Sanytol type).